This is the course page for the UCL first year mathematics-for-BASc course MATH1403, Mathematical Methods for Arts and Sciences, which is running in the first term of the 2014–15 year.
- Lectures (with me!):
- Monday 1–2pm, in 25 Gordon Square, room 107;
- Tuesday 4–5pm, in 25 Gordon Street, room 706;
- Thursday 1–2pm, in 25 Gordon Street, room 706.
- Problem class (with Dr Robert Bowles):
- Tuesday 3–4pm, in 25 Gordon Street, room 706.
- Once term begins, we will schedule a mutually convenient office hour. Until then, email or telephone me.
- The Monday Morning Maths Mashup with me and Carl Gombrich for informal help with any of your maths problems will take place in the BASc Common Room from 8–9am on, unsurprisingly, Monday mornings.
The Mathematics Department is on floors 5–8 of 25 Gordon Street, and room 706 is on the seventh floor. The History Department is in several buildings on Gordon Square, and room 107 is on the first floor of number 25 (enter via the rear).
Lectures run every week from Monday 29 September until Thursday 11 December 2014, with the exception of Reading Week: 3–7 November.
Handouts, coursework and useful resources will be posted both here and on Moodle.
If you have any queries or problems, you can email me. I will also pick up anything on Twitter with the hashtag #MATH1403.
Past exam papers
- Practice Paper A (solutions)
- Practice Paper B (solutions)
- January 2013 exam (solutions)
- May 2013 exam (solutions)
- January 2014 exam (solutions) (video solutions)
- May 2014 exam
Exam papers for other relevant courses can be found on the library website, and solutions to MATH1401 and MATH1402 can be found on the MATH1403 Moodle page.
For information on mathematics courses which follow on from here, see Maths after 1403.